Angie's blog

Angie is a simple girlie who believes that her life is governed by God's mercy, grace and wisdom. This blog site solely used for her to express her thoughts and experiences in life.

Wednesday, November 17

Stop that munching!

Eating is a joy, but of late, I've gone beyond my usual limit! Before I am hungry, I'm being fed again. It's a continuous cycle - more input than output. Yup, I'm like a stuffed turkey, all fattened up for Christmas! The witch in the Hansel & Gretel story would love me! lol

So, the long weekend of Raya holidays were spent on sit-down dinners & lunches, lots of other open houses, snacks, afternoon teas, and more snacks ....

I was so busy running up and down, not being able to sit still and have my own time for own things as I can't turn down any of these invites who range from good friends to bosses. Don't get me wrong, I truly did enjoy myself with the food, the company and the travelling. Every house boasts of it's specialty, and the foods were of lip-smacking quality! I just kept getting my plates piled up involuntarily - yeah... 'Angela, you could do better than that!!!'... that's what everyone says... what am I? A whale?

Thanks to mommy's training of 'finishing every morsel on the plate as an indication of good manners'... it seems to the Malays that I'm still hungry if I clean my plate! So... food and more food are scooped onto my plate. I always had to run off with my plate... can you imagine my friends and their parents running after me with more food? It's not funny!

Well, all these eating is not 'the end' yet. I already have invites to Zorah's sister and Linda's mom - more belated Raya dinners this weekend, and my presence is mandatory. Oh no, food again!

I even turned poor Rajin & Asmah down tonight for dinner as I couldn't take the sight of another plate of meat. They were very disappointed, but what to do? I even had to go to the extent of lying to them that I have a prior invite to someone else's house for dinner despite saying 'yes' since sunday *Guilt*. However, I made it up by visiting them this afternoon, brought butter cookies for their beautiful kiddies, Murni & Kamal. Asmah still couldn't resist feeding me, 'Try this cake Angela, I made it myself... Angela eat this, Angela eat that... ' ANGELA NEEDS A BREAK FROM EATING!!! *Sigh* but at least both Rajiin and her were empathetic and sensible enough to give me very non-meat & non-rice foods since I was complaining to them that I've been eating too much and I haven't felt hungry since I woke up (I went to see them at 2pm in the afternoon and had not eaten a morsel, just dunking down water like a camel).

After the 3-day-eating-spree, I have decided that I will not want to hear another word that's linked to Rendang 'anything', Kari Ayam, Kari Daging, Kurma Ayam, Laksa Johor, Serunding daging, Nasi Palas, Lemang, Ketupat, Sup lembu... NO MORE! I'm scared of rice and meats now, I'm going full swing into just plain vegetables for the next few weeks and lose all those extra pounds I've packed on! I might go macrobiotic! lol

The only good thing about going to these places are that alcohol is prohibited because these friends are muslim. Can you imagine if I had to drink as well? I've been alcohol free for days, since the big hangover two sundays ago. So, this time round, it's just munching business lol...

Ok, enough talk on Raya and food, I shall start my dieting and move to the gym tomorrow! Maybe camp there for good? What d'ya reckon? lol It's the only way to stop munching!