Angie's blog

Angie is a simple girlie who believes that her life is governed by God's mercy, grace and wisdom. This blog site solely used for her to express her thoughts and experiences in life.

Saturday, November 13

Talking to the wall...

This is getting unhealthy, I'm once again caught in the cycle of being pissed with my brother. Of late, he doesn't even answer me when I call him and talk to him, and he comes round to scold me when meals are not on time! What's wrong with my brother? I'm so good natured and nice and so is everyone from the family except for this stupid fellow!! My sister, who has the best nature amongst us all also ends up jumping up and down in regards to my brother when she was staying with him.

My temper blew tonight after being patient for days with his stupid attitude. I'd talk to him, follow behind him and he won't even acknowledge that he heard me. I even had to text message him like I did for every other evenings recently and even for lunch today, and no replies. When he came back over the last few evenings, I'd ask him, "Did you get my text message?", he'd totally ignore me... for no particular reason!

My blood began boiling this afternoon as 'enough's enough!!!'. I went to the market and called him if he wants lunch at home, he said, 'cook more, Shanice is coming over' and he puts down the phone before I could answer! My blood started to simmer at that point. He came back home before I did from the market, and he snapped at me 'showing off his "man of the house" behaviour' - "Why is the food not ready? I shouldn't have come back at all". I got frustrated, and still managed to control myself and said, "I just got back, what do you expect? You can help me some to hurry up the process". He acted as if I didn't say that, and he ignored me again, switching on the TV really loud and started reading the papers - completely in his own world!! His girlie at the side was a little uncomfortable seeing this. I could see that she's trying to help as she got up really quickly to stand by my side since it's obvious that he is refusing to lift a finger. I couldn't let this go, and I stood my ground and asked him to help me with the groceries, he pretended not to hear me again.

Finally, he lift his head up like it was the hardest thing to do - and guess what he did? HE did a silent gesture to ask the girlfriend to help me!!! What a rotten, ill-mannered egostic bastard!!! I got really pissed this time seeing this and raised me voice at him, "You do it because I ask you to, and don't ask Shanice!". His girlie, looking to and fro many times from me to him, feeling the tension growing... quickly ran out to my car to lift all the things from the car - while he sits there with his legs up and reading away at the papers! I wanted to stop Shanice from doing it - but that's going to make things worse... it's like there's no ending to it. I can see it in the future, that Shanice would become as frustrated as I am one day... my brother needs to learn a lesson, and it makes me wonder when will he ever learn...?

When we got to the kitchen, I asked him again to help me. He snapped back, "Isn't Shanice with you? Ask her to help". I got so mad again when I was just about to cool down, knowing that there'll be no end to this and decided to just drop it and get on with things. I began to tire... and there and then, I told Shanice, "Have you ever met anyone who'd scold his sister for cooking for him? I'm so good natured as you can see, and he has never failed to be ill-mannered and egoistic and scolds me for no reason? Tell me have you ever seen things like that before? Do you ever wonder what is wrong with this whole thing? Make sure that you don't spoil him by doing everything for him because he will not thank you. He could even do this to his own sister... so, makes you wonder, doesn't it? After lunch, please leave the dishes for him to wash and let him do some work". Shanice smiled and kept quiet, and I think she knows what I mean... and it does look like she's going to let him do the dishes... untill....

When lunch was ready (took me less than 30 mins to prepare and dish up everything), he continued sitting there, and I got really mad and snapped, "All the complaints earlier and now lunch is ready and you're not even at the table!" He came over and gobbled everything up hungrily, dishing out everything to his and his girlfriend's plate and left hardly anything for me! I almost burst into tears seeing this - what an insensitive IDIOT!

After lunch, I said to my brother, "You clean up, because Shanice helped me in the kitchen". He said, "Ask Shanice to do it, I'm not doing it". I got pissed off again, "No, you do it, because you have not done a thing today". He ignored me, and went back to his spot to read the papers, burping away, while his girlie didn't no anything better to do and tried to make things better by quickly running to the kitchen to clean up and wash the dishes. I had to intervene and said to Shanice quietly, "You leave the dishes and let him do it, my mother has spoiled him enough and put expectations on the sisters, and it's time for you to train him and not let him get away by being so egoistic". Shanice smiled, and left half the dishes there and went to the living room to tell my brother, "I'm tired, I'm going to lie down". By and by, he trotted off to the kitchen to clean up. Good for him this time, and good for Shanice too! I don't know how could Shanice stand him and would do all these? I didn't want to say more, as I don't want to make my brother's relationship sour... already, he doesn't like Shanice talking to me as he has indirectly said something to the effect that he wouldn't want me to influence Shanice to be like me because I talk too much and know too much of my rights as a woman!!! Bloody hell, I'm like a perfect sister - still cooks and love my brother even when he's a selfish bastard! I deserve the Sister of the Year Award!

Tonight, I had a major period cramp and had to stay in bed most of the day and took some muscle relaxers to help me sleep - being pissed earlier didn't help me to sleep well earlier, as my adrenaline was pumping. I finally slipped off to oblivion around 4.00pm - thanks to the muscle relaxers. I was woken up by Betty's phonecall at 8:00pm, and got a dinner invite for the whole family to go to her place for dinner. I slept for 4 hours and I could sleep on without waking if the phonecall did not come through! I crept out of bed, finally... and went downstairs to see the whole house in darkness. So, I had to text message my brother to make sure that he doesn't have things planned tomorrow night. No replies that he got my text message. Fine... I am beginning to get used to this.

When he came home, I asked him nicely whether he received my text, and he walked past me as if I wasn't there, and I repeated several times and continued walking away towards his room and closed the door without acknowledging! Bloody ill manners! I got so pissed and saw 'red' and I ran up the stairs and kicked the door with one loud bang that could probably be heard all over the neighbourhood... and still no answer! Followed by the kick on the door, I started screaming 'What the hell is wrong with you? Answer me when I talk to you!!" Seconds went past - silence... I could hear myself breathing in gasps... I was so angry!!! The answer finally came from behind the door in a very taunting manner, 'I got the message lor... so?' I banged the door again with my clenched fist, "Was that so hard to answer? Why didn't you answer earlier when I speak to you? Do you have to make me angry unecessarily, you ill-mannered lout!!!"... and I walked away feeling better after letting the steam off.

When he came downstairs, I couldn't let the matter sit, and I confronted him again, "Why aren't you answering me these few days? Where are your manners? Everytime I talk to you, you should answer". He didn't even want to look at me, and continued to walk, I screamed, "Answer me!!!" He finally said, "I always answer, you just never heard". I got even angrier, "I never heard it, and who could hear it when you answer in your own head, you idiot! You can't rest in peace without getting me angry?" He walked downstairs and said, "Who asked you to be angry? I told you I answer you everytime, so lay off" and he ignored me. I said in a parting shot, "I don't know where your manners went". WHAT a BLOODY idiot... I am really tired now, completely pooped and having a sore throat.

While blogging this, Martin popped up surprisingly out of no where - online. Like a blessing at the most unexpected times! This got me really happy - and at least cooled me down big time when I saw his smiley face. Why can't my brother have a smiley face and good natured demeanor like Martin? *Sigh* That's like asking for the sky, aye? Anyway... I feel tons better now after venting about my brother, and denitely after yacking with Martin. If you are reading this, Martin - endless thanks to you! ;). Am going off to bed now.... in peace after going through unecessary turbulence today...