Angie's blog

Angie is a simple girlie who believes that her life is governed by God's mercy, grace and wisdom. This blog site solely used for her to express her thoughts and experiences in life.

Monday, June 14

Bluest Monday ever!

Waking up drenched in sweat just to find out that the airconditioning ain't working no more is already a bad sign for the day... I can't live without an airconditioner... waahhhhh!!!! *sob*

Getting to work seemed to be good though, as there's no heavy traffic or any horrid driver cutting into my lane out of no where like any other day. Not bad... didn't have to step on emergency brakes. The day went ok, had three meetings today - one with my VP, next was the Financial Controller and another one with the dry old English Prof on curriculum. To tell the truth, all 3 meetings were no more exciting than chewing on sawdust... but work is work... and there are lots of things to do on my part to meet more deadlines.

When the mid afternoon drew near, I realised that 'the time of the month' has arrived with lots of discomfort, which seemed to get a little more painful as each minute passes by. I thought I could stand the pain when Doreen asked me if I wanted ponstan from her, and I made a joke that ponstans are a tad bit less effective than morphine. Yes, as Doreen disappeared up the flights of steps, I was hit by stronger wave of major cramps there and felt my legs tremble... my energy's going fast. I regretted at that moment by not saying 'yes' to ponstan! I gathered my remaining strength and ran skelter helter down two flights of steps, folded myself in almost two... to Dr. Molly's clinic biting my lip all the way and breaking out into cold sweat.

The moment I reached Dr. Molly's office, I slumped on the chair and instantly curled into a foetus position. Painful! The question came, "What can I do for you, Angela?" I said, "pain relievers, please." I popped two colourful tablets and lay down on the clinic bed, but the pain didn't go away... not even after 20 minutes! Dr. Molly checked on me again and told me that she's going to give me a jab... which I took obediently. In less than 5 minutes, I'm up and about again! Said my grateful little thank-yous and bopped out of the clinic.

Ah... what a day... and me now... writing this... I'm all ok at the mo, and cooking soupie with lots of chicken in it ... yums... I believe in the goodness of chix soup.... maybe my monday ain't so blue afterall.