Angie's blog

Angie is a simple girlie who believes that her life is governed by God's mercy, grace and wisdom. This blog site solely used for her to express her thoughts and experiences in life.

Wednesday, September 15

In the name of Chemistry

Plopped comfortably on my chair, I'm once again penning down all my thoughts of the day. My cousin, Winnie is dilligently sucking up all the hairballs we've shed over the week. Yes, cats that we are, we shed heathily and happily, and likewise, clean in joy.

I'm thinking that this has a play in chemistry, why? Winnie and I get along fairly well despite our little differences and opinion of certain grey areas in life. We shut up and toe the line when we get on each other's nerves, and not forgetting, this definitely has to do with the chemistry of friendship apart from mere connections of watered-down blood.

So, today's my day off from the daily hum drums of the week. A break in the middle of the week is perfect. From tomorrow onwards, I would be emanating the vibes and plumped up with an aurora that goes along with 'yippee yar yar, the weekend is coming'.

So much for our little talk in bed just now, about our observations in our lives. The men in our lives and what goes through the minds of men. We looked at each other in amazement as we talked, as the emotions displayed on our faces stretches our faces from joy to strange contortions befitting the extremes of normal to abnormal. Hah! Not mentioning our the size of our heads shrink into different sizes as the conversation got heated up. We boiled down to a part where 'chemistry' in relationships is the priority, but somehow, we have come to a stage that perhaps it's not so important afterall? It's just the basic chemicals need to be there - to meet up and be able to tolerate each other. We think of the men that we shoved out of the door, men that we felt who are not worthy of us, and we think that we could have been too harsh then? Still, the feelings of remorse and regrets did not arise, we felt that we did the right thing.

Many girlfriends have advised us that we should 'simplify' our choices so that it's easier for men to meet our benchmark. Our girlfriends missed the point completely of why we are the way we are. Winnie and I concluded that we are just too bloody nice and give our men too much freedom, in where they are the ones who initiate and also the ones who would leave us. Likewise, both Winnie and I have done our share of homework on having non-conventional interviews with many, many girlie tete-a-tete with other women friends (married and unmarried alike), they find that we're not needy enough to keep a man, and lack the experience of putting chains around them! Hah! So, does this mean to keep your man, you have to be the bitch of the century? Winnie and I disagreed, but we looked at all our married friends, all the men were given an ultimatum before they commit to the bliss of marriagedom.

For such sake, many advise that seeped in or airflown or transpired through phone lines have taken place. Yes, the same old question ranging from different mouths, 'It's time you settle down'. I think I'm finally feeling it, and it's getting on my nerves. Poor Winnie had her share earlier than I despite or our one-year age difference? I get a tad less, as none of my siblings are married, but Winnie's side are all happily hooked. All of them seemed to know that we're waiting for that special element to occur or drop out from the sky --> chemistry --> then we'll think about travelling to the direction of being linked first, then the possibility of being associated, and finally ending up in being matched and live happily ever after. Ah... such processes are being laughed at, as 'chemistry will come because a woman should always marry a man who loves her more than she loves him'. Winnie and I could puke bile juice over this theory, at least we used to.... *Sigh*

Today, a change from Winnie's side came, she shared that maybe those women are right. Why wait for chemistry when it's only going to last a short while? Partnership is about compability in many other areas such as security and other plays that forms the whole orchestrated theme of the wedding march. I'm apalled, because I'm not there yet. I hope I won't end up being that way.

So, whatever happened to chemistry? Isn't chemistry all about each partner having the same dose at the same time and react with each similarly? So, could this mean that the element of bitchiness is the catalyst to give rise to effervesence and bubbling effect of the chemicals? Geez, my head's expanding and constricting at the same time, and I now have a migraine while writing this.

Anyhow, here's my theory, a new one... perhaps chemistry is to smoothen the processes of the relationship. Without the chemistry, the relationship if heated under the bunsen fire will still change form and there'll still be a chemical reaction. So, there are unknowns till one tries? So, anyone up to it for a 'try-try business' with me? No thank you, I'm bowing out first. I'm not looking up the Apostle of Paul for help, but will let destiny take charge.