Angie's blog

Angie is a simple girlie who believes that her life is governed by God's mercy, grace and wisdom. This blog site solely used for her to express her thoughts and experiences in life.

Friday, February 17

'em slack buggas

I sat at the office today, catching my breath from the 3rd day of mad rushing from Cheras to Nilai, back and forth ... back and forth. Nope, it ain't no fox-trot, honey, it's a dumb wild goose chase on behalf of the Ministry of Higher Education. This has been going on the past 3 days in a row, and from the looks of it, I may still be called back to feed them more data & info by personally typing them into their user-unfriendly software. So, all in all, these 3 days just zipped past me, leaving me dead-bone-dry and exhausted, with nothing concrete achieved, professionally and personally.

With the mileage clocked in on the road, I could have gotten meself to Thailand. With all that time wasted, I could have used it to finish up all my needed-office-paper work. Yes, office work wise, it has been stagnant too. This is not because I am not progressively working, it's due to our upcoming internal big PR event, which is a time sucker too, on top of our expected work, and also things in our portfolio. Having to deal with last minute requests from the Ministry on top of that event just left me speechless. What else can I say, but a total waste of time when the Ministry behaves so insensitively?! Those buggas in the Ministry office, sucking up private sectors' tax $$ and holding back private sectors from improving in leaps and bounds have been sitting on their hinds, with lack-lustre work performance. Of course, when they insist, we have to act fast on it, but when we ask them in return for data and information, we have to wait till the cows come home. In this case, it is uncalled for, as they have always had our full account of data and information... in which we have even voluntarily updated them on top of their silly insistance for updated data and information for umpteenth years. Us good private sectors have never failed to comply and meet their ridiculous last minute deadlines, working over-time and crunching hours like mad... but what the hell for if we are pulled for such exercises at least twice a year to re-enter data and information that we've already submitted?

So, what are they doing with all that time in their hands and all that data the private sectors have been summoned to give and declare all the time? It was there to collect dust... in which as a fact of a matter, all that data and info that have insisted are supposed to extract by them, and keyed into their system to sort and compile for whatever research and statistics for their own Minister to present. Uh-uh, nope, they ain't doing nothing of such sort, I'm afraid... in fact, everytime their Minister want to present things, they get flogged for being slack, and they flog us private sectors to send reps to key in data and information for them!! Can you beat that? Yes, they are even too lazy to crunch in hours to do their bit with our submitted data that range from soft to hardcopies as per their whims and fancies.

Yes, that's what I've been doing, as I'm amongst them reps who were sent on behalf of my company... and as I was keying things in, I thought to myself, "How come they are asking this? Don't they have all these since my company has been around for the past 20 years?" I said that last year, when it was 19 years, and 18 before... and 17 before... and you get the drill. So, they've never improved, nor learned their lesson?

'Em slack buggas were facilitators over us private sector reps, flogging us and telling us what to do... and even they themselves are not familiar with the software and what they themselves actually want. Every rep in there was groping in the dark, and we complied anyway, what to do? When we want to continue working to get things over and done with, they keep reminding us of break time for firstly, breakfast, then morning tea, and then lunch, and then afternoon tea?! So, you can well imagine how much we were interrupted... and the data entry involved could have been done within half a day if we were briefed proper of what they want and how the software works. However, with our self-learning, and also all the 'forced breaks', we couldn't' get things done! Time is money, and progression of the country is at stake ...

When I've completed my work, they insisted on verifying 'our' data... and that alone, took half a day... I looked at them with hollow eyes, and wonder, "Will the education industry, or any industr for that matter in my beloved country improve with the likes of such slack bastards facilitating us, the diligent ones?"