Angie's blog

Angie is a simple girlie who believes that her life is governed by God's mercy, grace and wisdom. This blog site solely used for her to express her thoughts and experiences in life.

Wednesday, December 29

Equality & Compatibility

All that strive on equality and compability havr not only made friends and families drift apart, but also turned the roles of men and women topsy turvy these days. Let's leave gender out of this discussion first and address the general cause and effects that are linked to these two words.

Should we become battling axes in getting all that we want, and all the time? When do we give in? Everyday we deal with inequality and incompability, and because we want long-lasting peace and a job done, we compromise or team-work to work things out for the better. It's easier said than done when we say that we 'just walk away' and shove everything aside because we find a lack of natural affinity and possess eyes that are quick to measure what is justice. Who's the judge over man at the end of the day? I'll leave that question to you.

The world would be in perfect tip-top condition if everyone gets his/her own ways all the time, and yet live in unity and in harmony amongst others or loved ones. We will never find compability in everything and everyone we deal with, but through agreeing to disagree, and disagreeing to agree, we may come to a communion in maintaining peace and respect for different personalities and their quirks.

So, how do we gauge in what's equal or unequal, or what is compatible and uncompatible in life? We usually fall back on our priciples, and positions and ideologies to gauge all these. By using these variants as our little yard sticks in measuring, sometimes we fall short of grace in accepting the fact that it takes different people from different walks of life to make the world go round. What does not fill in the gap for communion amongst those and things that we dislike, our solution is to stay away.

However, that's not the case as long as each of us have our very own natural affinities tailored to our personalities and cultures / sub-cultures. This makes each one of us very different from one another. Everyone possess natural affinities. We all naturally have likes and dislikes because we are spoiled by choices, and we exercise our choices. Living in this mixed-bag-of-a-world, do we still need to further complicate things by allowing our likes and dislikes to rule our lives?

Flawed beings that we are... I've said many a times to my beau that I'm tired of being 'nice', and I do not want to be nice unnecessarily, because I will still be nice eventhough I do not wish to. He thinks that I'm feeling this because my efforts and niceties were not reciprocated. So, I continued mulling and chewing over this, and finally came to a conclusion today when I was reading a short article on 'incompatible'. I should always have the compassion for people and work towards a better communion by not letting likes and dislikes rule and change me.

Yes, I have been tempted to be bitter over all these many times over the years and especially of this year. I kept saying 'enough is enough', and is ready at any time to just dust the sand off my feet and walk on. All that before, I'm willing to let it go and turn my back to, as I see only wasted efforts that I've so painstakingly contributed to just have a communion with all big and small like, in my life. Time and again, I kept seeing such as injustice that has foundations of inequality and incompabilities in them.

Humbled by the article, I now allow my compassion to resurface, and put in my thinking and feelings to a more appropriate position in life. Equality and compatibility has to be dealt by grace, and I just have to cut people some slack for better communion.