Angie's blog

Angie is a simple girlie who believes that her life is governed by God's mercy, grace and wisdom. This blog site solely used for her to express her thoughts and experiences in life.

Friday, December 10

I was just driving down the road...

It's not a special morning, but I decided to take a slllooow drive to work. It's unusual, but that's how I felt like, a sllllooow drive. On the road, I took time to look left, and right whenever I stopped at a traffic, I looked at cars, the people in it, and all that sort of stuff. Then found that I had some quiet time in between, and prayed under my breath. A usual thing that I do, to prepare me for my day.

I eventually crawled out of the small roads, and got on to the highway where I would usually speed like a mad woman, BUT I was slow for once. I once again, looked left and right, and saw all the greeneries by the road side. It was friendly, I enjoyed the green, and thought of nature and thought of myself.

I was driving right behind this lorry, and all of a sudden, the whole exhaust pipe dropped in the middle of the road! It halted into a dead stop, just like that. So did I, anyway. Full stop. I could have gotten into a bad accident if I went about my hurried ways - that moment, my life flashed before my eyes. I knew there and then, it was not my time yet to meet God face to face, because He slowed me down this morning.

What spurred me to be in a snail mood was unexplainable. The way I woke up wasn't any different from any other day - where the radio alarm blasts on, and sun gushes it's cheery sunlight through my windows, forcing my eyes open with it's glare. I did the usual sliding off the bed, and took a big swig from the bottle of water beside me.

I even decided to put on something that I used to wear 7 years ago, something that I used to wear to college! I'm glad I can still fit into them! lol It's little white top and a mid-thigh, blue-flower-printed skirt, white sandals to to go with it, pink gloss and cheek colour, and finally stuck a little blue clip into my hair! I'm transformed! I'm looking like my old self now - the one that I left long ago. Won't it be noble to be found dead looking like a college kid? lol

Anyway, that wasn't funny (ref: death). It did make me feel good to be alive though. How's that for a start of the morning? The day has to begin...