Angie's blog

Angie is a simple girlie who believes that her life is governed by God's mercy, grace and wisdom. This blog site solely used for her to express her thoughts and experiences in life.

Sunday, July 31

Just another warm sunday

The warm bits are the usual, but there's something unusual about this sunday as I have to wake up really early and also caught up with an old friend (Narissa) whom I've lost touch for many years! Right, I had to wake up at 6:30am to buy 5 corn-fed chickens for a preggie friend who will be induced this coming tuesday. Yes, corn-fed chix, they are not the same as any other chickens, mind you!

I missed church this sunday, as I had to catch up on sleep. I feel kind of 'bad', you know what I mean? Anyhow, I'll be spending some time meditating tonight, and I know God will understand :). I woke up to have a little chat with Narissa, who's happily married and residing in East London. There are lots of memories of those days when I was Narissa's roomie, and also my A levels classes. Those were the days of John, Russell, Ramani, Jason, Kiran, Kah Peng, Kah Seng, Sonia, Domino and many more to name. I'm doing a lil' bit of walking down memory lane these days.

So, back to the market and this really warm sunday... my daddy dearest decided to tag along with me to Theresa's house, so that Theresa's mom, Dad and I would go to the Kepong market together. You must be wondering 'why Theresa's mom?'... Well, it's because I have no idea where to get corn-fed chickens other than via Theresa's mom, who has been helping me to buy those chickens for the past 5 years.

Anyway, as I drove, tagging behind David's car (Theresa's bro), I felt like I'm entering into another world that existed more than 50 years ago. I wish I brought my camera there and show you 'Kepong market' because I felt like I've been transferred to an old Chinese kampong! Then again, I'd look really weird taking pictures there, and I bet people will come over and check out what I'm snapping at... perhaps it's best to leave 'old places' in my minds' eyes, than to have it down in pictures.

It's a world that I've seen before, in fact, familiar... it's like a my dad's hometown in Kudat, where my paternal grandparents live. Structures of houses and shops, and even the market are of the old-styled wooden type. They are at least 70-80 years old... those structures... Dad says it's more, so, I believe him.

The marketing bits were fun, and we bought ourselves a whole roast pork rib, barbequed pork shoulder as well on top of the 5 corn-fed chickens for my friend, and a couple of chickens for ourselves, lots of lil' cakes and very chinese snacks for mommy dearest. Both Dad and I dump all the things in the car, and walked over to one of the shops to have a bowl of vermicelli soup with steamed wantons, fishballs and porkballs - absolutely yummy homecooked-tasting stuff. All in all, the environment, the food reminded me of grandma, who used to sell such stuff in the market back in Sabah... and I missed her all of a sudden... it'll be 2 years' anniversary next tuesday since granny has passed on.

I got home to sleep right after the marketing bits, and missed church all together... while Mom, Dad, bro and girlie went on to church, lunch and more shopping in my absence. Then before I knew it, it's already 5:30pm, and it's my turn to bring Mom and Dad to the night market and also out little walk at the Mont Kiara Forest reserve... and a late night dinner later on at home to wind up this warm sunday.