Angie's blog

Angie is a simple girlie who believes that her life is governed by God's mercy, grace and wisdom. This blog site solely used for her to express her thoughts and experiences in life.

Monday, July 25

Too much food!

Yes, I'm complaining. I'm all pouty and spoilt to the boot. Completely annoyed and upset that I've put on 2 kilograms over the past 2 weeks is all my parents' fault! Pout, pout, pout! BUT, I'm enjoying the homecooked foodies like never before! :) tee hee hee

I meant to put a picture in this blog, but in our ravenous state at all eating times, I would forget to take a picture of the wonderful spread of food before my eyes. In spite of me holding on to my beloved digital camera at most meal times, I would STILL forget to snap pictures of 'em food!

Last saturday night, I bought a tiny feast for a preggie friend & her mom + her frenchie hubby, and of course, my lovely parents. I'm going to tell you what I ordered: Barbequed / grilled pork-thigh with toasted bread on the side, steamed salt-rubbed corn-fed chicken, stir-fried chinese lettuce in tangy soy & lots of deep-fried cloves of garlic, a steamed dish of a mix of salted duck eggs, century eggs and 'normal' eggs (giving it a lovely custard-smooth consistency) , amaranth soup with glass noodles, prawns, anchovies and century eggs. Yums! I'm glad for my friend's asianised Frenchie hubby, who eats everything we eat in a hearty way - and made no bones about enjoying his meals! ! I know my darling Martin would enjoy the food more if he was here! Won't you, my dear if you're reading this blog?

Indeed, I'm just naming one tiny feast, but can you imagine dining that way every single evening in different variations of yummy foods for the past 2 weeks? We eat too much, and Dad says, "It's ok, we don't always do this"... but, but, but... they're going to be here for a total of 6 weeks, and I can't pack on 6 kilograms. To add to this, I have no time for the gym with them being around... my hard work in toning & firming up is going down the drain. I have become another form of food - TOFU or BEANCURD... you name it! Wahhhhhhhhh! Yes, I'm back to ******** (rhymes with snitching) about my extra 2 kilograms! I stood in front of the mirror, pinching the sides of my stomach, turning front ways, sideways, sucking in my stomach till I almost turned blue on the face. I now do not have a beer gut, but an over-fed food gut!

To make myself feel better, I insisted on going on a 5-kilometer walk at a nearby forest reserve with my parents yesterday evening. After the walk, I continued to insist in cooking lots of vegetables and NO MEAT, and dunking down freshly-squeezed fruit juices before our meal so that it would 'take up our stomach space'. I even made my parents do the same thing too... hehe. It's time that we eat healthy once again!