Angie's blog

Angie is a simple girlie who believes that her life is governed by God's mercy, grace and wisdom. This blog site solely used for her to express her thoughts and experiences in life.

Sunday, July 26

Privacy

No two person sees privacy the identical way. I 'd liken that to preferences as rare as snowflakes, where no two flakes are ever identical. Of course there are some more similar, but never identical.

The term 'privacy' is so loosely used to basically keep others away from being a sticky beak into your affairs. I understand this, as I practice this. Sometimes I catch myself being a hypocrite of not walking my talk on this, but I keep myself very aware to minimise if not completely make sure I keep my principles and definition close to my heart and live it accordingly. Privacy is privacy, and termed as it is that you should mind your own business!

Often I hear of misunderstandings amongst two people who are the best of friends even...of where one of them cries betrayal of personal information being leaked to a third party. The relationship is marred forever, and never to be the same again. Some completely fall out, and never to be contact again in more extreme cases.

I've learnt to understand this ... I hate being betrayed, therefore I should never betray others. If I'm informed of very private information, I should just keep mum about it. There isn't a need for the childishness to be trigger happy with the information unless you are told to keep mum. There is engh common sense in your head to discern such.

Then again, what is common sense to me isn't common sense to the next person. S, sometimes spelling it out might help, and better still just don't say a thing that you know you treat as sensitive information, unless it's really necessary as in stopping a nuclear war :-).

Some see information as power, and they want to know everything about you, minute accounts of your life and all that of your family.  However when you thought it is an information sharing session, you find that there's nothing the other person has to say about their side of things. One ya traffic relationship, I'd call this...

Nevertheless, just speak less and listen more. If you are a person as private as I am, but yet open to have general talk ranging from A to Z, just be aware to not use any of your personal contacts as an example. Even who the person A you're speaking with doesn't know person B, there's no reason to talking about person B. That's gossip.

Stick to your guns that when you mean privacy in a true sense no matter he much you're prodded for information. Private means private. There's no two ways of looking at it.