Angie's blog

Angie is a simple girlie who believes that her life is governed by God's mercy, grace and wisdom. This blog site solely used for her to express her thoughts and experiences in life.

Friday, December 10

Passion of the Amorous kind

I found this book at the backseat of Susan's car, Ancient Secrets for Modern Lovers, by Felice Dunas. It caught my eye because of it's cover... 'wow!' - truly depicting passion, a passion of the amorous kind!!

I flipped through the pages, and this paragraph from the Acknowledgement floated out of the page: "To the memory of my father, Edwin C. Dunas, whose excruiting illness, treatment and untimely death during my childhood taught me the value of healing through pleasure". LOL!!!! What does this mean in layman terms? "When Daddy passed on, I just had to screw around to get my head right, so I went into medicine later on to be healed".

I moved on to the content page, and was even more amused by the book. Check it out:

1. Medicine in our loins: The Theurapeutic Power of Sex ; 2. The First and Oldest Dance: The Coupling of Masculine and Feminine ; 3. Wind Blows the Temple Door Ajar: Energy, Attraction and Desire ; 4. Stairway to the Stars: Perfecting Foreplay ; 5. Inside the Jade Chamber: Mastering the Art of Intercourse ; 6. Heaven Comes to Earth: Making Love Divine ;
7. Boulders Beneath Our Feet: Obztructions to Passionate Love ; 8. A Single Boat upon the River: Life Between Relationships ; 9. Until the Sun Sets: Living a Life of Passion

Ah...needless to say, it's an instant spot on, I even read out loud in the car, chuckling loudly away. Susan began to brief me of the book, as she thinks that it's a good read on the Chinese culture and sex. Something that is written from a western viewpoint, but enveloped in Chinese Medicines and bla bla bla. One of the girlie colleagues were completely lost, and probably bemused. I know I could share this joke with Doreen, who basically have the same kind of twisted mind and humour about things of such. Hah! Now, I'm interested to check out what this book is all about, so I borrowed it. I asked for a plastic bag or something as I couldn't be carrying that book up to the office, as my reputation is already at stake for being 'open-minded'... the book would seal the judgemental stuffed-jackets at the office!

So, Susan got me a plastic bag. I wrapped it up, chuckling away, saying that the CEO would not like it at all if he sees the book on my office - the aquarium. To make things worse, the CEO walks past my glass windows since I'm seated only 20 feet away from him. Susan disagreed and said that everyone is really 'open-minded' in the office despite what they say from their mouths and how they are dressed or behave. I said, "Exactly - that's why some of them can't stand me for having sex appeal, as they cannot flaunt without having to exaggerate - I'm a natural siren!" (Ok, insert lots of big laughs here that would rock the car).

We went on to talk about who has a contradictory appearance and demeanor that could never match their faces to the words they say... we stumbled upon a particular VP at the office, who has a Passion of the Amorous kind. No looker at all, but he has THE demeanor (all in a pretense) of being the holliest, most proper Christian dude. He has 5 affairs with 2 students before and 3 other ex-colleagues, and the number is still going up. Yeah, don't forget to insert the bits where he fooled those poor girlies with his 'pseudo wisdom' too. Poor Susan reports to him, and this VP has the roving eye disease, forever resting his gaze on the sacred and clothed bits of a woman. Sometimes, you can swear that he's almost salivating.

Sex can always be sensationalised, I think, and at the work place, one must always be very careful with their private lives. Just with today's 1-hour lunch break, we had lots of laughs about it, of people having affairs at the office - nothing surprising - it's a known fact, anyway. I was forewarned of which men to avoid when I first stepped into the office. Thanks to the concerned folks! In the car, we could pop up with so many examples of people that we see, played some imaginary games, linking to this and that (censor, censor, censor). Lots of good laughs.

When we finally reached the office, we got out of the car and automatically straightened our skirt, flipped our hair back and pasted on that serious 'work-look', but couldn't resist in bursting out into a hearty laugh; then stern look again; Wicked, aren't we all? lol