Angie's blog

Angie is a simple girlie who believes that her life is governed by God's mercy, grace and wisdom. This blog site solely used for her to express her thoughts and experiences in life.

Wednesday, January 5

-10, 0, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50...

Let me begin this by saying, "I have noticed that there are significant similarities between those who are younger or older than me by the years of -10, 0, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50. The natural affinity is instant! These are the people that I have grown terribly fond of over minutes, hours, days and months... even years. They know what I think even when there are a few words shared, we are a tiny bit telepathic... they understand my analogies, they see what I see... I know I'll keep them in my heart for life... my kindred spirits.

-10 = Angeline and Doreen, whom I see bits and parts of me in them eventhough they are 23, so free of trouble, so care-free.

0 = Valerie and Mag, who are so similar to me that we could be long lost triplets separated by birth. We laugh, and cry, and are just so God-to-honest to each other. There's no shame, no shame at all, we are not bothered what the world wants to make of us.

10 = Zorah and Andrina, whom I could see myself being just like them when I'm 43, never losing track of what's going on around me, but stay calm and collected all the time.

20 = Dr. Nor and Dr. Nafsiah, I could see myself being just like them when I'm 53, never losing the girlie gait and the ocassional giggle, but could still be military-styled strict and serious when it comes to work.

30 = There's no one that I know who is in this category

40 = Aunt Pauline, I could see myself being just like her when I'm 73, so collected and calm. So easy going and love life to the fullest.

50 = Uncle Kassim (Zorah's Dad) & Ungku Aziz, I could see myself like them, still standing up strong and wise, still passionate about what I believe in at 83.

It's strange that I could identify even from now... i could see myself being that way. Weird is the word, as those who fall short or above the above mentioned numbers, I do not seem to have natural affinities with them, nor a hint of like-mindedness.

This makes me wonder, what kind of trials will I need to go through this year, when I'm 33 going to 34. In most surveys, formal or informal, the age group categorised as different thoughts and ideas comes in the range of 18-25, 26-34 and so forth. I'm going to be in the 'last' age of that one category. I shall wait patiently and continue to look out for the drippings of grace and joy in whatever situation I may be in. I shall toast to all my kindred spirits tonight, and say a little prayer for all of them.