Angie's blog

Angie is a simple girlie who believes that her life is governed by God's mercy, grace and wisdom. This blog site solely used for her to express her thoughts and experiences in life.

Monday, September 7

Give me a chance to miss you

I was driving home and heard this song on the radio where the lyrics caught my attention, '...go away, give me a chance to miss you...'   It made me think of all the relationships we have where not only familiarity breeds contempt. So does constant closeness and too much intimacy too, breeds contempt, that is. Likewise too much love and care can also breed contempt at times. Interesting, aye?

So I pondered, just fleetingly of all my relationships with family, friends and also love interests. I've always been hot on pursuit of people I want to know and spend more time with...could be in the form of being supportive or perhaps just in my mind a project to fix (sounds bad, but I'm not intentionally trying to fix, but to basically help people to come out of a rut). When I get all the attention I wanted or have found myself doing all that I could do, in contribution or in any support, all I want to do is to move on and break free. Isn't that odd?

I was once told by an old friend that I'm very passionate of people, absolutely loving and caring for them but can drop people quite quickly too. Hence I hurt people terribly. It's almost like love them and leave them in the end. Not very good, aye?

Nevertheless, I think of all my intense exposure to and interest of people or even things, I need space to breathe. Turn my back and walk away for a breather and then come back again as I've given it a chance to air, so that I can miss them, and love and care for them just as passionately. Perhaps that's why the lyrics of that song is so appealing to me, it certainly strike a chord in me...  Go away, give me a chance to miss you...